· DEQ had issued permit approvals on Dominion Power and Lake
Anna Plaza’s sewer systems that were opposed by certain members of the Louisa County Board of Supervisors. After the Chamber lobbied to Virginia State Water Board, the permits were upheld in a 7-0 vote.
· The LACC sponsored a political debate for the Mineral District Supervisor Position.
· The Chamber holds a monthly breakfast at the Lake Anna Winery allowing for business sponsors to present to both members and non-members.
· With the help of Chamber member Lake Anna Yacht Club and John Carroll, Lake Anna was promoted heavily through the Fox 35 Richmond Television news network.
· The Lake Anna Open Golf Tournament brought in 15 teams to participate again this year.
· Helped to promote the Lake Anna Wine Festival, the area’s largest event.
· Referred local area businesses and promoted the growth of Lake Anna local businesses.
Looking forward to 2014, their most important goals are:
· Work with local officials and businesses to bring emergency care and a hotel to the area.
· Continue to promote responsible growth and infrastructure.
· Increase the LACC membership.
· Work toward an environment that compliments businesses and residential use at Lake Anna.
· Make Lake Anna a destination for all of Virginia.
There is a special offer to join before March 31st and save 50% off of your membership fee for 2014. For more information, please visit lakeannachamber.org.